A position as a Computer Systems Administrator and Integrator.
NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Old Westbury, N.Y., 11568
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, May 1994
Minor in Communication Arts
Honors and Awards:
Honor and Challenge Scholarship & Con Edison Scholarship
Experience In Field:
Verizon Communications, Manhattan and Long Island, N.Y.
System Administrator for FiOS Labs, TeLS, and other Training Labs. Member of the Implementation Team for HRIT SWAT (Human Resources Information Technology Support With A Technician).
- Assist in managing a team in India directing work activities and ensuring tickets get addressed in a timely manner.
- Supporting and administrating Active Directory servers used to manage classrooms and other content.
- Crisis management for critical applications when deployed, assisting with ticket routing and closure.
- Provide 2nd tier Help Desk phone, remote, and on-site support as needed using ticketing system.
- Developing corporate wide naming conventions for computer and user accounts on our Domain.
- Creating and maintaining Network Shares, including special permissions and granting access.
- Documenting procedures for field technicians to follow for hardware and software installs.
- Developing and delivering training for field technicians and coworkers on various systems.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills dealing with both customers and other organizations.
- Installing operating systems, software, and courseware for both workstations and servers.
- Develop and deploy corporate wide fixes to allow applications to operate properly.
- Project Managing testing cycles for PeopleSoft applications being developed.
- Using Ghost for both backing up and imaging various training environments.
- Supporting Peoplesoft and associated applications in our organization.
- Creating and supporting VMware virtual environments in FiOS Labs.
- Evaluating new applications, courseware, and hardware.
- Supporting users remotely across the Verizon footprint.
CONSOLIDATED EDISON, College Point, N.Y.
Summer Management Intern Program, Overhead Department
- Computer related work on Mainframe and P.C.s.
- Management responsibilities.
CONSOLIDATED EDISON, Manhattan, N.Y.
- Digitizing and converting Mains and Services Plates for use on the Mainframe.
- Troubleshooting the Digitizing Framer used to do the conversions.
CONSOLIDATED EDISON, Flushing, N.Y.
Summer Employment Program
Unit Assistant, Customer Service Department
- Working at customer information desk at the bill inquiry center.
- Data entry, on Mainframes and P.C.s.
TOWER RECORDS, Carl Place, Long Island, N.Y.
Responsibilities included: Customer service and cashier.
Diverse knowledge of many hardware and software configurations,
with the ability to setup computers and troubleshoot problems.
Ability to manage projects, specifically large scale migrations,
and website testing.
Windows 2000/XP/Vista/W7, Microsoft Office, Ghost, MS Server 2003, Lotus Notes, VMWare, MS Proxy Server, Outlook, HTML Editing, MS Internet Information Server, Internet Browsers, Various Graphics Packages...
Creating and maintaining Websites.
Computers and network technologies.
501st Legion / Empire City Garrison.
Furnished upon request.